Re: lm-sensors setup for an Abit BH6 Mobo

Salman Ahmed wrote:

> I'd like to setup lm-sensors for my system which has an Abit BH6
> motherboard. The last time I tried this on my system was when I was
> running RedHat-5.2. I remember having a really hard time getting
> lm-sensors to work, and in the end my system locked up completely before
> I got it to work with RH-5.2.
>
> I am wondering if there are Debian users who have lm-sensors installed
> and running on a Abit BH6 based mother board, and what steps they took
> to setup lm-sensors for the BH6 mobo.
>
> I am running latest potato w/ kernel 2.2.14.
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> --
> Salman Ahmed
> ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com
>
> --

I have the same mobo and did the following steps
(potato 2.2.12)

1. install the lm-sensors, lm-sensors-source and libsensors0 debs
2. install your kernel source if you haven't already
3. patch your kernel following the instructions in
   /usr/src/modules/lm-sensors/README.package
4. cd to /usr/src/linux and make clean
5. make xconfig -- you should see some new options :)
6. pick the following
   under I2C support selsect
     i2c-support as module
     i2c-mainboard interfaces as Y
     Pseudo isa as module
     i2c device interface as module
   under hardware sensor support
     hardware sensor support as module
     lm78 as module (my motherboard has an lm79 which uses the
lm78                           driver)
7. make modules, make modules_install
8. run sensor-detect as root -- you will get some output from this
   to add to your /etc/modules file -- I didn't have to add anything
   to the other file as the packages already seemed to have done it.
9. load your modules (I just rebooted as I have the auto option
   in /etc/modules)
10. type "sensors" to test.

It worked for me :)  YMMV

Roy Pluschke <rjplus@sunshine.net>