Re: problem with lilo.conf

On 27-Jan-2000 lorenzo.zampese@notes.electrolux.it wrote:
> If you installed lilo on the mbr, you could modify /etc/lilo.conf adding
> the win98 partitions.
> In this moment I don't remember the exact syntax, (I am working on WINNT4.0
> now),
> but you could look for it in "/usr/doc/lilo" or 'man lilo'

Adding 2 lines should do it. The first entry is the default, so whichever you
want to boot automatically should be first, unless you add a default=(label)
line. For a dos partition, add these 2 lines:

other=/dev/hd**   **=drive/partition
      label=dos (or whatever you want to call it).

You may also want to change the delay to give yourself more time at the lilo
prompt. I use 50.

After that, rerun lilo. It will tell you what has been added, and what is
default with an asterisk.

Hope this helps!

Paul

E-Mail: Paul Kallstrom <paul@softracamerica.com>