dselect selects strange packets

Hallo,

after having tried to install kde via dselect (by adding the
appropriate entry from ftp.kde.org to the apt/sources.list), dselect
seemed to deselect several packages (among them: bsdmainutils, cron
...). Now, every time I use dselect, it tells conflicts because of
the uninstalled packages.

Is there any way to persuade dselect that those packages are neither
uninstalled nor deselected? (dpkg -l gives an ii-status for those
packages)

TIA, Gunter