Re: Epson Stylus Photo 700

Jonathan Markevich wrote:

> I got one of the above printers and reinstalled apsfilter with the Ghostscript escp2 driver but can't print...  I get an error in filter "f" or something like that...
>
> Let me cut to the chase...  I need a printcap!  Has anyone else here got one of these working?  I read on Slashdot one fella got it working fine but was "Anonymous Coward" so I can't ask him...
>
> Sub-question: what's the right way to add & reconfigure printers without purging & reinstalling apsfilter?

I tried for a couple of days to get a 750 working, and it never did.  Well, got some black-and-white output with white lines across using the escp2 driver, but that's it.  Printcap's attached.

Then I looked at the LDP printer howto, and the 700/750 are listed as only partially supported!  Bummer.  I'm trying to return it, but the vendor doesn't want to take back printers, my secretary
managed to sweet-talk them into considering a refund, we'll see what happens...

If you can get it working, I'd love to see your printcap!

Thanks,

-Adam P.

# /etc/printcap: printer capability database. See printcap(5).
# You can use the filter entries df, tf, cf, gf etc. for
# your own filters. See the printcap(5) manual page for further
# details.

#         :lp=
#         :rm=remotehost
#         :rp=remoteprinter
#         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/remote
#         :mx#0
#         :sh
##PRINTTOOL3## LOCAL st800 360x360 letter {} EpsonStylus800 Default {}
lp0:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp0:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sh:\