Re: X coming up in 320x240!!!!

--- Josh Orfanakis <joshorf@pcisys.net> wrote:
> I upgraded to Xfree3.3.6 to support my Diamond Viper 550. The installation
> goes fine but when I startx X comes up in 320x240. Shift-Alt + or - on the
> number pad or the keyboard does nothing but put a + and - sign on the xterm
> prompt.

Try Ctrl-Alt-{+,-}

> I don't understand how to get it into a different resolution. I tried set
> the modes as going from 1280x1024 down to 800x600.

Maybe you altered the wrong Screen Section (not matching the server binary
you use).

And if you reverse the order of the modes, it will start in the biggest
resolution first.

Michel

=====
"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free"
 -- Linus Torvalds

"If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable."
 -- Windows 95 BSOD