xterm-debian and SunOs

Hello,

I have copied Debian's xterm-debian terminfo onto a SunOS computer
(under $HOME/.terminfo), so I can connect from a Debian xterm
without problems.

However, recently I have started noticing it doesn't work
properly on initial login (backspace doesn't work). Instead,
I have to type in

TERM=$TERM

(TERM is xterm-debian before and after.) I believe this command forces
zsh to reread the terminfo entry.

which fixes the problem. This seems kind of silly to me.  Any ideas?

I have the following line in my .zshenv file (yes, I use zsh):

export TERMINFO=$HOME/.terminfo

Perhaps zsh doesn't realize that the terminfo entry which previously
couldn't be found is now available.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>