Re: dumb question, sorry in advance

if it is a binary program (do ls -l /usr/games/nameYourGame and look on
the permissions for the "x" flag) then just run /usr/games/nameYourGame

if it is not a binary program chances are your trying to run a program
when that is not an executable. if the program is in your $PATH then you
can just run nameYourGame and the system will do it..if it is NOT in your
$PATH then you must specify the full path.  Some programs even go so far
as to want you to be in the directory which you are running the program,
in this case you would cd /usr/games ; ./nameYourGame  ..the "./" tells
the system to run the command in the current directory, as the current
directory is not in your $PATH (it is considered a security risk if it
is).

hope this helps!

nate