Re: downloading

There are two ways (at least) to do this, if you have a fast connection 1 megabit orfaster, you can just download the base floppies, and install those, they will launch a program called apt-get which will grab and configure the files you need. alternate ly, if if you are on a slower connection, but have access to a faster connection and a cd burrner you can make Debian CDs (though I've never made that work...)

alternately... you could buy a CD, they're cheap and usualy error free. I just got the Debian/O'reily/SGI box it was $19 and came with a cool O'reily book which would be really helpfull especialy if you're just starting out.

R.

>>> "Gavin Schuette" <gschuett@wilshire.com> 01/24/00 03:33PM >>>
I want to download the debian operating system for a pentium processor,
what should I do?
I have tried the ftp site from my netscape browser and cliked on slink
and it downloads a list of files only?
Where is the link I clik to download the operating system itself?
I would love to put it on my home computer.