Re: sgml-tools, LinuxDoc, and customization

* J Horacio MG <homega@ciberia.es> writes:

>> README.Debian file for sgml-tools says that version 1 is orphaned
>> upstream. I take that to mean that I might not get help from the
>> upstream authors.

> Not sure, but I think that even the sgmltools2 is orphaned by now.

Indeed. Because of lack of a maintainer.

>> Anyway my problem is this: I am writing a HOWTO in LinuxDoc
>> format. I would like to be able to (locally) customize the HTML output
>> and add custom nav links to the top and bottom of each page. Is it
>> possible to do this with SGML Tools v1? If so, what do I edit and
>> change?

> I've seen this done with DocBook, not LinuxDoc.  Anyway, since the LDP
> is also adopting DocBook, you might consider it.

> In any case, there's a sgml tools list, which is still alive, though not
> much traffic on it.  To subscribe send a message to:

(Funny how often I'm reusing this little text in the last time:)

Stephane Bortzmeyer has a document about using SGML on a Debian
system, but this includes general information about SGML/XML/docbook
as well: http://www.debian.org/%7Ebortz/SGML-HOWTO/

I also have a file called docbook-intro.sgml lying around, it says
it can be found at: http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~rosalia/

Two other links that belong into that proximity:
  http://home.sol.no/~vigu/dtds.html
  http://users.ox.ac.uk/%7Erahtz/passivetex

HTH,
  Colin

--
14. Madcatmachopsychoromantik . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 09.15