Re: menu question

> I gather than menu creates entries for all menus where window managers
> are found, right?  I've also noticed that sometimes menu's choice for
> where to put a tool (ie, on which submenu to list a tool) doesn't jibe
> with where I would put it, or perhaps misses finding the tool
> altogether.  Is there a central menu file I can hand edit, then use to
> update my respective window manager menus?  Perhaps a menu config sanity
> checker or double checker script or something?

If you want to add a menu entry, put menu files in /etc/menu or $HOME/.menu
Read menufile(5) for details.

If you want to put an existing entry in another section (which changes the
submenu it appears under), try editing the translate_menus file in
/etc/menu-methods. There are instructions at the top of that file.

Andrew