installing Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 on Thinkpad 380

I'm trying to install the ufficial release 2.1 (4 CD's) of Debian
GNU/Linux on my IBM Thinkpad 380, without success : the installation
program begins with loading the kernel (loading root.bin.... loading
linux....) but after a few seconds causes the computer to reboot... and
restarting the installation program... ecc.
I've tryed all the methods (ramdisk, floppy, CDrom) and boot parameters,
but I don't find any solution.

	Help !

						Nicolas R., Paris (FRA).

Relevant informations :
	- the computer presently runs SuSE Linux 5.3, with root partition
=hda2
	- LILO is installed (DOS/Windows is not present on the disk,
however)
	- BIOS boot configuration : 1. Floppy 2.CDROM 3. HD