RE: I'm confused

> From: Cameron Matheson
> Hey,
>
> I'm am so freaking confused about configuring my kernel,
> it's not even
> funny.  I was reading the sound HOWTO, when it told me to read the
> kernel HOWTO.  I began reading that, and it told me to go to
> /usr/src/linux.  I don't have a directory called
> /usr/src/linux.  I went
> to /usr/src, and all that was in their was
> kernel-headers-2.0.36.  What
> the heck?  I need to get into /usr/src/linux/drivers/sound
> and run make
> config, but that directory doesn't exist.  Do I need to
> download the new
> kernel?

	Use your favourite Debian method to get the packages:
kernel-source-2.x.x and kernel-package.

	kernel-source-2.x.x should create a directory called
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.x.x, which you can symlink to /usr/src/linux
if you wish.  From there, you can read
/usr/doc/kernel-package/README.gz for more information with respect to
actually compiling the kernel.

	Good luck, and have fun.

Simon.