Re: Debconf troubles

> > I've been having problems with Debconf on my 2 weeks old potato system. It won't install.
> > Dpkg gives me the following message:
> >
> > Setting up debconf (0.2.79) ...
> > Can't locate Data/Dumper.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
>
> Looks like you need either perl-5.005, or the data-dumper package
> installed.

Thanks for replying!

After looking at the debconf deps on the web, I installed perl-5.005 and it
worked (i was just about to cancel my original question).

However, there is a bug somewhere, because AFAIK apt should have installed
perl-5.005 automatically, right? So it seems to be there's a dependency bug
in the debconf package. I will report it as a bug after further investigation.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0x5584BD98 or 'Peter Schuller <scode@scode.webprovider.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to scode-getpgpkey@scode.webprovider.com