RE: slink -> potato

> Hi,
>
>     My box running slink here would like to do the
> potato upgrade but I'm concerned that it might run
> out of disk space:
>
> Filesystem         1024-blocks  Used Available Capacity Mounted on
> /dev/hda1             296633  248813    32500     88%   /
> /dev/hda3             675175  343296   297003     54%   /home
>
> Safe to upgrade?

Your likely to have to put the archives directory on /home.
The downloaded .deb's go into /var/cache/apt/archives.  You can
get stuff in small chunks and clean in between apt-get's.  Or, you
can use a sym link to put the archives tree over on /home so
you have more download space.  At the end, "apt-get clean" and
put the original archives dir back in place.

jim