Re: Spell checker which "understands" HTML

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 09:30:35PM +0100, Stephan Engelke wrote:
> Hi Joey,
>
> Joey Hess writes:
> > > that ispell is TeX- and nroff-aware (according to the manual), but I
> > > have had no luck with HTML. I am running the ispell included in the
> > > slink distribution - maybe I just missed a command line switch?!
> >
> > In potato at least:
> >
> >               -h     The input file is in html format.
>
> which version of ispell are you running - I checked mine and it says
> 3.1.20.  After some checking on the net  it seems that this is the
> most recent version available in source form.
> My ispell does not offer the "-h" option.
> Debian.org says slink's ispell is version 3.1.20-0.4 whereas potatoe's
> is 3.1.20-4.  What is this suppoed to tell me?  The basis for these
> packages has not changes, has it?
> What's the difference between these two?

Well, amongst the differences is the file at
http://www.cmc.net/~bem/vile/ispell-html-mode.patch (not my patch...
but I dug through Altavista for a long time trying to find it so wanted
it indexed more...)  That adds the -h flag.

Last time this came up, I mailed the above URL to the ispell packager
and he decided it was worthwhile.  You won't see it on an 'upstream'
ispell since there hasn't been an update to ispell in ages.  (It hasn't
really -needed- one, 'cept maybe for HTML mode...)

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting