Re: Several problems

--- "I can. Thank you." <kunze@CS.ColoState.EDU> wrote:
> I have seen the same problem with the XF86_SVGA server with ATI cards. I
> could not switch between X and a virtual console without blanking the
> screen, freezing things, and other unpleasantness.
> I would suggest using an accelerated server if one is available, not only
> because it is much more stable and able to switch between video modes, but
> they're also typically a lot faster

And aren't free (neither as in beer nor as in speech ;)

XFree86 4.0 will beat 'em in most respects performance wise.

Another good idea might be to report this bug to XFree86 (include all
relevant logs and other server output please)

Michel

=====
"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free"
 -- Linus Torvalds

"If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable."
 -- Windows 95 BSOD