Re: exponential dial PPP

    Dave> I'm pretty sure that diald will do this.  Send it a 'force'
    Dave> command and it will retry failed/dropped connections with
    Dave> options for starting and maximum interval between retries.

diald seemed to be an overkill for this application. I downloaded it
and had a quick look (I didn't see the bit on intervals, so perhaps I
was too quick), and saw that it required slip support to be compiled
in the kernel. While I could compile SLIP support into the kernel, I
doubt SLIP support is required in order to do what I want...

I think diald is aimed at dial-on-demand, where my connection is
permenant (or meant to be).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>