Re: Perplexing mailman situation

For what it's worth I believe I found the problem.  I found
this in /var/lib/mailman/cron/crontab.in:

# Every 5 mins, try to gate news to mail.  You can comment this one out
# if you don't want to allow gating, or don't have any going on right now,
# or want to exclusively use a callback strategy instead of polling.
# 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /usr/bin/python
/var/lib/mailman/cro
n/gate_news
#

...that line wasn't commented although I had told mailman
via the admin web interface not to gate news/mail.

Anyway it's been well over 12 hours without a problem,
no wild /USR/CRON processes.

Just thought I'd post that in case anyone else runs into it.

-Mark

-----
"I know everything we've done is absolutely right and proper"
                --Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer on MSNBC, 01/13/00
-----