Re: cd-rw's

Robert Marlow hat gesagt: // Robert Marlow wrote:

> if ur using atapi there's a little more to do before going straight to
> the howto. first you need to recompile you're kernel so it supports
> generic scsi devices, turn off ide cdrom support and turn on ide-scsi
> emulation. this should make your atapi cd burner appear to be scsi.

Turning off ide-cdrom support is not really necessary if you give lilo
the boot option:

append="hdd=ide-scsi"   # try to use scsi emulation for my ATAPI-cdrom

(Replace "hdd" with your ide cdrom port)

I have an ATAPI CD-ROM (no writer) that I use as a generic-SCSI
device in this way to let cdrdao do audio grabbing :)

> note: once you do this you'll have to configure any programs that
> point toward cdrom devices such as /dev/hdc (also /dev/cdrom points to
> a /dev/hd* file) to point toward scsi cdrom devices such as /dev/scd0.
> once that's done you can go to the howto doco and go from there.
> you want to know more, make sure your cd-writing howto is the latest
> since the old one that comes with slink doesn't cover atapi/ide very
> well.

I found this lilo-ide-ignore-trick in the newest CD-Writing-Howto:

http://www.guug.de/~winni/linux/

bye
--
                                                 __    __