Re: Emacs

Cameron Matheson writes:
> I was wondering if I needed emacs.

You don't.  Each profile installs someone's best guess at what might be
needed for that task.  A bunch of other stuff is 'standard' because it is
believed that a Unix user would expect it to be present.

> I don't use it, because I'm satisfied with vi, but I wasn't sure if any
> applications required me to have emacs installed.

That's what dependencies are for.  If anything that ypu have installed
needed it dpkg would complain when you tried to remove it.

You might also want to remove tetex-base and tetex-bin.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org