Re: problem compiling licq's qt-gui

On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 16:42:54 -0500, Jim B wrote:
> libstdc++, and libstdc++-dev.  I had been downloading the .debs and using
> dpkg -i to install, and some of them were dependent upon *each other* so
> it was impossible to install that way.

No it's not. Mutually dependent packages can be installed with dpkg -i if
they're both provided in the same commandline.

> gcc -shared

Always call g++ to link/compile C++ code, not gcc.

> ld: cannot open -lstdc++: No such file or directory

Make sure you have libstdc++-dev installed, and check that
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so is a symlink to an existing libstdc++*.so* file.

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would