Re: Package dependency issues

Paul McAvoy <paulmcav@auctomation.com> writes:

> I submitted this question a while ago, and didn't get much of a response.

[... Problems with home made qmail as MTA ...]

At least I responded (and you never raised any objections to my
solution):

|| You'd better install the debian package qmail-src, which compiles and
|| installs qmail for you, so you have qmail in the dpkg database.

Maybe I should be more explicit: as root, type in an xterm:
           apt-get install qmail-src
and then again:
           build-qmail
The package's script will compile qmail for you and automatically
build a debian package "qmail_xxx.deb" (depending on the version
number you've got), and it will even install it for you if you answer
yes to the appropriate question. Of course, qmail is registered as
'mail-transport-agent' in the Debian package databases then.

Greetings,
joachim