unexpected end of file

I was using my computer, and logged in as root
using su and I started getting the following
irritating message.

'bash: /root/.profile: line 11: syntax error: unexpected end of file'

I have no idea why this started to appear. I
been using debian 2.1 now for almost a year
and this is the first time that this has happened.

I now get this message whenever I login as root.
my other account works o.k.

I used 'od -c /root/.profile' and 'od -b /root/.profile'
to see if I could see anything suspicious but I
didn't find anything.

Can anyone help ?

TIA