Getting started

Thanks to all who advised on my (newbie) project of putting Linux on an
old 386 with 4M RAM and 120M disk. Perverse, but I'm doing it, and I
have the disk-image floppies.

As a first try, I made these partitions:
	hda1 swap 16Mb
	hda2 temp root 2Mb
	hda3 Linux 98Mb

Problem: when I get to "Initialize and Activate a Swap Partition," I
consistently get the error message "swap could not be activated, device
or resource busy." (I noticed, by the way, that when I exited from the
boot process after making the partitions, there was a message like
"swapon failed"; but the system let me proceed to dbootstrap.) Finally I
said I'd do without a swap partition, and was able to go on to
initialize the Linux paritition and so on.

What should I do to get my swap partition working?

Thanks as before.

Charles Hartman
Poet in Residence
Connecticut College