Re: small lab

For autofs stuff...
	http://www.linux-consulting.com/Amd_AutoFS/autofs-HOWTO.html

For DNS...
	- i like running a local secondary on each machine...
	  couple line entry for each...and  accurate within reason
	- i do NOT use /etc/hosts... for reasons stated earlier

For passwd stuff...
	- i hate NIS...
	- i used to copy passwd files around...but...hate that even
worst..
	- might go around writing another script...but....yuck...
	  trying to do it on multiple *n*x  distributions

For emails...
	- i use autofs to mount the mail server local to each client

have fun
alvin