Re: upgrading multiple machines to 2.1r4

> full mirror. What would be the best way to make sure I can (re)use the
> packages I've downloaded with dselect?

I'd do:

    apt-get clean   (wipes out all the *.deb files from your package
                     cache -- /var/cache/apt/archives)

    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade (downloads and installs all updated packages)

Then just copy the *.deb files from /var/cache/apt/archives from one
machine to the next, apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade.  You'll still
have to do apt-get update via the net for each machine (I don't know of
a way to sync this information and it's probably not very safe to try to
do it by hand), but at least you'll have downloaded the packages only
once.

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley           tel: 907-474-2689 fax: 474-2643
930 Koyukuk Drive, Suite 408C     email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu

PGP key: http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu:8080/~cswingle/pubkey.asc