Network Reconfiguration

Hi, I'm rather new to the Debian distro (primarily use Redhat and MkLinux
(which is RedHat based)). I recently did a fresh install on a server and
configured it with local network info so I could install software and
such. This morning I changed /etc/rc.d/network to the proper settings and
it was installed at the ISP again...the problem:

It seems now there are error messages coming up in the console (i'm not
there, so I can access the box myself).

SIOCDARTY Invalid Argument

Transmit Timed Out

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this, help would be
appreciated. If you need any specific details on the system (its running
potato), let me know and I'll get them. Thanks!

Daniel