Re: X windows...

> Hi, I recently installed debian, and I'd now like to get the all the
> packages I need for X Windows (XFree86). My only problem is, I'm not sure
> what packages those are. My question is, what all packages do I need to
> apt-get so that I can have a working X Windows system with enlightenment

You should have the necessary core packages on your system.

Check with :   dpkg -l | grep gnome
               dpkg -l | grep XFree86

( Have you tried to configure X with " xf86config" ? )

If you do not, and you installed from a CD, check the latter.

If you wish , you may also get "updated," but unofficial, packages from :

http://www.debian.org/~vincent

Cheers,

Howard Mann.