mgetty's autoPPP not doing what I want...

Hi,

I have a little problem with mgetty's autoPPP on slink.
I don't seem to be able to deny autoPPP to specific users.

In /etc/mgetty/login.config I have
/AutoPPP/ -     -       /usr/sbin/pppd auth -chap +pap login

and in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets :
*       fritz   ""      *

fritz being my dialin computer.

Then everything is great, people can use AutoPPP which is cool !
But I want to deny access to specific uids.
As written in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets it seems possible, so I've added a
line like that :
jaune           fritz   "*"     -

to deny access to user jaune.

However it doesn't work, this user still has PPP access !

Of course when using scripts to log-in I can deny access by using the
shell field in /etc/passwd, but with autoPPP this isn't taken into
account.

Has someone an idea of what I'm doing wrong ?

Has the auth parameter in /etc/ppp/options anything to do with that ?

TIA

--
Patrick, just himself and a little less.