Re: ethernet config

You will need to use ifconfig to set up your network adapter.  For
example:

ifconfig eth0 1.2.3.4

You also will also need to add routes depending on what kind of network
environment you are in (is this machine a gateway, or does it use another
machine as its gateway, etc.).  Respond to the list with more details and
we can get into specifics if you like.  Check the man pages for ifconfig
and route while you are at it:

man ifconfig
man route

Once you get everything set up the way you want it, you should edit your
/etc/init.d/network script and put the commands there so they will be run
when you boot your machine.