Re: IP without host

> is there any way i can set up my machine to use IP but NOT go looking for
> a host, anywhere?  i have 2 machines completely isolated and i'd like to
> let them talk (ipx would be fine also, but i can't seem to get that
> compiled in correctly).

Just give them an IP from one of the private ranges (ie 192.168.0.1 ->
192.168.0.254), and simply associate the names with IP#s in /etc/hosts on
each machine.  DNS isn't required.

> i've got an AMD (nt, right now) and an sx164. the sx uses the tulip
> driver for the NIC and it works great with IP.  i tried to compile IPX
> and the tulip.c fails to compile.  any help getting this to work would
> be great. TIA

Sorry, can't help there.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein