printing from Windows to Linux printer

I am trying to print from Windows to a printer connected to a Linux machine.

What I have discovered, is that unless the spool directory has permissions 777, Windows cannot print to the Linux machine.  However, if I set the directory permissions to 777, it reverts back to 700 after I reboot.  (Can I presume LPRNG is doing this?)

I don't necessarily want to change the permissions on the spool directory.  What do I need to do to get this to work?

Steve Martin
fairfax@pclink.com