Re: mod_ssl

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:

> You need to use the openssl tools. You don't need to user Verisign or
> other CA but without doing that people will get pop-up boxes the first
> time they visit your site about the certificate being signed by an
> unknown party. If they choose to keep the certificate they won't be
> bothered again. I think the mod_ssl docs have an example on how to
> generate the certificate.

    maybe I didn't make myself clear: what I'm looking for is a tool to
make a certificate for browser client so that only certificated clients
can access certain parts of my site.
    I know that this is possible as you can use some directives in
httpd.conf to enforce this.
    And if you go to the security section of your browser (netscape) there
is a section where you can acquire a personal certificate (this is what I
want to provide) either from Verisign or importing a previous generated
one.
    Do you know how to do this?
    Thanks,

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21
                   http://www.revistalinux.com.br