Re: mod_ssl

You need to use the openssl tools. You don't need to user Verisign or other CA but
without doing that people will get pop-up boxes the first time they visit your site
about the certificate being signed by an unknown party. If they choose to keep the
certificate they won't be bothered again. I think the mod_ssl docs have an example on
how to generate the certificate.