Re: setserial, stty not working

Using 'cat' probably opens the port in buffered mode.. where the contents of
the buffer are not outputted until a \n is seen.  I may not be correct about
this, but I have played around with writing some serial apps and doing the
same thing you are doing.. hooking up my multimeter to the serial port.

If you are interested in some test programs, let me know and I will send them
to you.. it may help resolve your problem.

- Paul