Re: My Debian Blues

On 12 Jan 2000, Alex Schuster wrote:

wonko >Uh-oh. I did not configure my network yet, I'm not even sure whether
wonko >my Fritz! ISDN card will work with slink... I heard that I might need
wonko >some newer stuff for some Fritz! cards. I'll have to read (and get)
wonko >the ISDN HOW-TO first. BTW, why do I have to get it, why aren't the
wonko >HOW-TO's installed as default? They are not contained on my two Debian
wonko >CDs. I already downloaded a set with all HOW-TO's, but still there was
wonko >no ISDN HOW-TO there.

i dont have experience using an isdn cards but you could go to the site
and download the packages to another machine, burn em to cd and install
them with dpkg. id just run a dpkg -i *.deb . it is a lot of packages
though grabbing them with a browser would be a pain, but it may be faster
then researching getting isdn working to do it, just make sure if the
machine is a non unix machine that it doesn't mangle the filenames, if it
does, rename them manually otherwise you may have trouble installing.

wonko >Many thanks, Nate, I guess this will help me a lot. If the ISDN stuff
wonko >doesn't work, I will use the modem from my other PC instead.

sure, G400 is a great card, you can get full 3D acceleration(really nice
too i hear i havent tried 3D on G400 yet) and i also hear that DVD
playback is being worked on as well(depending on the outcome of the DVD
suit) with good initial results.

i have 2 ISDN terminal adapters (Ascend Pipeline 15s) and 1 ISDN router
(Pipeline 75) if you or anyone else is interested...they have been
collecting dust ever since we upgraded from 256k to burstable t1. not sure
what price, if your interested lemme know.  the router would just plug
into your hub/switch/network card wouldnt need to work with
drivers/configuration other then the NIC but routers are kinda $.

nate