Re: More on my problems with debconf and perl

I had a similar problem (or as near as I can tell without the error
message).  For some reason, perl-5.005 was not installed completely,
so I went into /etc/alternatives and changed the link `perl' to point
to `perl-5.004' instead of `perl-5.005', everything worked fine after
that.  In other words (as root):

# cd /etc/alternatives
# rm perl
# ln -s /usr/bin/perl-5.004 perl

HTH,

cbb

Actually, this was the fix. Thanx. After this I was able to configure everything
else! I really like the timidity. Apparently this is a problem with either
debconf or perl 5.005. I'm not sure which. I'll leave it to the smarter people
to figure this one out. I think the next step is to upgrade xanim. I use mtvp
for mpegs, but need xanim for other video types.

Cheers,

     John Gay