Re: dist-upgrade problem

On 11/1/2000 Stewart Fallis wrote:

I recently performed an apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade to update my
potato packages. On doing this a package age (mtx) gave an error and apt
exits. I have tried purging mtx using dpkg and tried to remove it and put it
on hold using dselect to no avail!

the postinst script (i think it was that one) is missing a #! /bin/sh line instead they have a comment on the first line of the script, big no no it confuses the kernel. add #! /bin/sh as the first line of the script and your problems will vanish.

--
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/