Re: Net install of potato, problems with lynx.

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 12:04:30PM -0800, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
> Guess I'm a tester.....

debian-testing or debian-boot mailing lists might be more appropriate.

> Almost every went well...except lynx.
>
> .. dpkg error processing lynx
>   subproc post - install script returned error exit status 30
>
> I purged lynx and tried apt-get
>
> ....lynx failed to configure, with exit code 30

This might be related to debconf, if new lynx uses it.

That's an annoying but in a way useful feature of debconf, to intercept all
text sent to stdout and try to interpret it as debconf code. I encountered a
similar problem with xinetd and after JoeyH explained it to me, fixed it by
adding a bunch of >&2 to all sorts of commands that would echo something
during installation.

I guess you could try editing your /var/lib/dpkg/info/lynx.postinst to do
the same, and then try to `dpkg --configure --pending` it. And of course,
file a bug.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name