[OT] How to find out who to contact with Internet network problems?

Hi there,

this is probably an off-topic question to this list. Sorry for this, but I
don't know who else to ask or where to look, therefore I hope that my
question is read by an experienced network admin of a large company network
or an otherwise experienced user who can answer my question.

Ok, I'm trying to contact a host across the Internet. The connection is very
bad, packets get lost with a percentage of up to 30%. I traced the route and
found the point where trouble is probably caused.

If I ping a certain host/router (let's call it B), LOTS of packets get lost.
If I ping the router one hop nearer to me (named A) only a small, negligible
percentage gets lost.

Who do I contact? The admin of A or B? How do I find out who is responsible?
Is it ok to use the tech-c that I look up using whois?

Thanks,

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\