To:       debian-user@lists.debian.org

cc:

From:     Ryan White <rwhite@collectivenet.net>

Date:     10/01/2000 21.21.29 GMT
          10/01/2000 22.24.42

Subject:  rxvt / vim / term ?

            ----------------- Memo - Message ------------------

There seems to be something wrong with rxvt. I am not sure exactly but
about 2 weeks ago I did an upgrade and then tried to use vim and it would
not let me get into edit mode. It is like the term emulation is messed up.
I could not use the arrow keys hjkl or anything to move the cursor.  The
only thing I can do is :QWER and eventually is does some crazy thing and
gets to a point where I can quit my vim.

At first I thought it was a problem with vim but when I use a different
TERM (console, xterm, wterm) it works fine. It is probably a combination
of the two. If anyone has any light to shine on this I would really
appreciate it.

Wichert Already told me to try vim -u NONE -U NONE and that did not work.
I have also tried deleting my .vimrc.

Come to think of it, it has to be a vim problem (possibly upstream).
Because if I use (my computer here that has a broken install) and
connected to my home machine before I upgraded vim worked. But when I
upgraded my home machine and connected there and to use vim it is now
broken.

Which leads me to believe it is not an isolated incident (also I am
running wmaker).

-Ryan