xdm's Chooser not showing up

Hai,

I started this millenium great, got a second machine, nfs works though slow.
But now I try to make this second machine into a Xterminal but it refuses:(
For the life of me I can't find how to get a X-Chooser on the second
machine, tried all kind of things in /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess, but I only get
xdm's local login screen. Could some kind soul please help me here?

The main machine and planned server is vvs, the Xterminal is called ego.
On ego I want an xdm login menu that allows me to login on vvs. I thought
that the following Xaccess-lines should work, but it doesn't

at ego:
*	CHOOSER BROADCAST

at vvs:
*

By the way, I'm still running mainly Hamm, thought I could skip a release:(
--
groetjes, carel