Re: www.debian.org very slow indeed?

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> Actually there is - all mirrors which comprise http.us.debian.org are
> (supposed) to be primary-push mirrors.  They are updated regularly every
> day at the same time.  The primary ftp server inititates the update.

Ok, but does it wait until all the packages are down before pushing down
the Packages files? This does not seem to be the case considering the
number of 404 errors I get when upgrading.

> Hmm, good ideas ... let's see code :)  You might want to float the idea
> on debian-mirrors also.

Ok, pretty much scripting. The modification of the A record for DNS can be
handled with the dynamic update capability of bind-8. Is the code Debian
uses to distribute to the push mirrors available someplace. Would rather
modify something that is already running than invent a new wheel.