Re: Adding a superuser

Why on Earth would u want to???
unless u have a really, really good reason to, don't bother and just have the
one superuser. the more superusers u have the more of a security risk you
create since it makes available more priveleged accounts for malicious users
to "hack" and do whatever they please with your system. This may mean nothing
to you, but it's still good policy to be at least a little concerned about
security.
if you need someone
else with root priveleges, and you trust them to use them correctly, give them
the root password. if the other person only needs access to a few things
look into using the "super" package.

if all you're trying to do is add a user to group "root" (which doesn't make
them a superuser i might add) just edit /etc/group by hand and append the
usernames separated by commas.

from

da Bobstopper