Re: restricting logins on tty1

OK thanks for the info... I seem to have /etc/login.access working
now.  The problem was as you had indicated... the user I was trying to
restrict was a member of my "root" group so unless I restrict him
explicitly with his own entry in login.access, he can also log in on
tty1.  Other users are successfully banned from that terminal though.

As for why we're using group "root" and not "wheel," there's a little note
from RMS in the su man page... check it out.  (Personally I disagree with
that thinking on this, but that's where the explanation is.)