Re: fetchmail and multiple users in one POP3 box

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Jeff Flowers wrote:

> Can this command be run everytime that I connect to the internet?

Yep, put that stuff (that I snipped) into .fetchmailrc
in your home directory, and add something like this
to your /etc/ppp/ip-up

fetchmail -f /home/jeff/.fetchmailrc

That will run fetchmail once each time you connect,
to have it keep checking mail while you're online,
add '-d xxx' to the command above.  'xxx' is the
interval (in seconds) between mail checks.  For
example, -d 600 will call fetchmail once every 10
minutes.  If you use the -d option, you will want
to put "fetchmail -q" in your /etc/ppp/ip-down file.
to stop it when you disconnect.

hypnos              <mailto:hypnos@m-net.arbornet.org>