UNIX variant for old PC

I know that the intel version of Linux is written for
80386 up.  Is there any UNIX variant available for an
8088 or 8086?  What processors does Minix run on?

=====
Fish of Borg
Visit me on the web!  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Frontier/4874/stccg.html
///Archaeologists near mount Sinai have discovered what appears to be a missing page from the Bible.  The page is currently being carbon dated in Bonn.  If genuine it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to read "To my Darling Candy.  All Characters portrayed within this book are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental."///Red Dwarf