powstatd problem

Hi,

  I purchased a CyberPower 500SL and since they recommend
powstatd on their web site, I installed it.  The problem
is powstatd will not recognize that the UPS is connected
to ttyS1.  powstatd -t reports low power and shuts the
computer down.  If I change back to the default ttyS0
the test reports OK.  I took the case off and changed the
9-pin conector to COM2 on the motherboard and win95 says
its on COM2, so I'm sure ttyS1 is correct.  Does anyone
using this model have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

TIA

MaryK