Re: newbie fetchmail problem

Johannes Tax <johannes-tax@tax-gmbh.at> wrote:

> 62 messages for johannes-tax at pop.styria.com (156274 octets).
> reading message 1 of 62 (1857 octets) .fetchmail: SMTP listener doesn't
> like recipient address 'pox@localhost'
> fetchmail: can't even send to postmaster!
> fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from pop.styria.com
> fetchmail: Query status=10

[..]

> what's wrong with it? i would be happy if anybody could help me.

Does the user pox exist on your computer ? What the result of sending
a mail to pox@your.box.provider.com ?

If you are using sendmail put a line like the folowing in your alias
file (/etc/alises) and run the newaliases command to rebuild the alias
database.

postmaster:	root (or pox if it's your user)

If you are using qmail put your email in the file
~alias/.qmail-postmaster.

The postmaster adress MUST exist on every host connected to the
Internet.

--
Francois Deppierraz      student