newbie fetchmail problem

hi,

i'm very new to linux. recently i got my ppp-connection working, now i
have a problem with fetchmail. whenever i start fetchmail i got this
message:

62 messages for johannes-tax at pop.styria.com (156274 octets).
reading message 1 of 62 (1857 octets) .fetchmail: SMTP listener doesn't
like recipient address 'pox@localhost'
fetchmail: can't even send to postmaster!
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from pop.styria.com
fetchmail: Query status=10

first i tried fetchmailconf and it didn't work, then i configured my
.fetchmailrc by hand. it looks like this:

poll pop.styria.com proto pop3
user johannes-tax pass mysecret is pox here

what's wrong with it? i would be happy if anybody could help me.

Thanks